Welcome to the Early Years Foundation Stage
Goldfinch Class - Mrs Wilson, Mrs Jenner (Tuesday PM), Mrs Cooper (Wednesday PM)
Firecrest Class - Miss Nixon (Monday to Thursday) and Mrs Cooper (Wednesday and Friday)
Both Classes are assisted by Mrs Harris, Mrs Humphreys and Mrs Hart (Monday to Wednesday)
What is the Early Years Foundation Stage?
The early years foundation stage (EYFS) sets standards for the learning, development and care of your child from birth to 5 years old. All schools and Ofsted-registered early years providers must follow the EYFS, including childminders, preschools, nurseries and school reception classes.
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s early experiences have a major impact on their future life chances. Our Reception Class is part of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Four guiding principles should shape practice in early years settings. These are:
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers; and
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
Areas of Learning
Your child will mostly be taught through play, alongside focussed adult-led tasks. The areas of learning are:
- Communication and Language
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design